Citizen Complaints and Commendations

All members of Boston Housing Authority Police and Public Safety Department strive to provide residents with the best possible law enforcement and community services. The department welcomes any input and recommendations for improvement. We also like to recognize a job well done or an action performed above the call of duty!

How to file a complaint

If you wish to file a complaint, you may do so in person, by completing a Citizen Complaint Form at 129 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA. If you have questions, please contact the Administrative Supervisor at (617) 988-5318, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that complaints must be filed in writing. This will aid the investigating officials/entities in completing a thorough and accurate investigation.

How to recommend an officer for a commendation

If you wish to make a commendation, you may do so in writing (sent to 129 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA) or by telephone by contacting the Administrative Supervisor at (617) 988-5318. Recommendations should include:

  • Full name of the person recommended
  • Circumstances of the incident
  • Brief explanation of why you feel the officer should be nominated

Stay connected and up to date