Job Title: Housing Manager II|
Salary Range: $47,178.97 - $55,056.46
Posting Date: December 05, 2007
Application Deadline: December 18, 2007
Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter along with a resume or employment application to the Director of Human Resources, 52 Chauncy Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02111, or apply via e-mail by clicking here
General Description: The Housing Manager II can function in one of two capacities: He/she may have overall responsibility for the supervision and operation of one or more developments totaling between 151 and 500 units, in which case he/she reports to the Regional Manager. In this capacity the Manager II supervises and develops a staff of employees and is responsible for the achievement of established objectives through the establishment of a well-functioning staff team. The Housing Manager II is responsible for insuring compliance with all BHA and regulatory agency procedures and policies. The Manager II may be the second manager at developments with more than 500 units, in which case he/she reports to the Manager I. In this capacity, the Manager II will take direction from the Manager I and shall perform those aspects of the work of the development he/she is assigned. In this capacity the Manager II shall be responsible for overall management of the development in the event of the Manager I’s absence.
Duties & Responsibilities: · Establishes Development management objectives.
· Develops and manages project operating and capital budgets.
· Develops management plans in consultation with the Regional Property Manager.
· Manages and supervises all Development based personnel which includes the functions of employment, establishment of performance standards, periodic performance evaluations, implementing disciplinary action up to and including suspensions, conducting staff meetings, hiring, the granting of annual leave and sick time and the monitoring of absences including responsibility for a sick leave usage reduction program.
· Coordinates procurement activities at the development level including the control and administration of a petty cash fund.
· Purchases materials, supplies and services up to authorized amounts and oversees purchasing programs designed to increase purchases from local vendors.
· Manages local stock inventories.
· Establishes public safety priorities and coordinates activities with the Public Safety Staff and the Boston Police Department.
· Manages all lease enforcement activity, up to and including initiation of eviction actions as needed.
· Coordinates occupancy matters, including waiting list management, making of file eligibility determinations and the review and implementation of intra-development transfers.
· Develops and implements programs to achieve and maintain minimum rent collection standards, including collecting rent and maintaining tenant accounting ledgers.
· Oversees the planning and delivery of maintenance services including the supervision and direction of the Superintendent of Maintenance, the planning of complex repair and renovation programs, the monitoring of all minimum maintenance performance standards, management of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program, management of landscaping maintenance and improvement and efficient and appropriate response to all emergencies.
· Develops and implements local energy conservation efforts.
· Monitors and administers accident reduction and safety programs in concert with the Authority’s Risk Management Department.
· Develops and administers programs to improve community relations within the development and in the surrounding community.
· Manages all relations with local tenant organizations under the BHA’s tenant participation policies.
· Manages all aspects of good customer service.
· Prepares accurate and timely reports on all management matters.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: High school diploma or GED is required. Must have recent experience in typing and general office work. Ability to type at a rate of thirty-five to forty (35-40) words per minute is essential. Word processing and spreadsheet experience is helpful. Previous work experience in a public agency is desirable.
*All BHA employees with regular status, who apply for and are hired to fill a contract position, will retain their regular status.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.